2018: Call for Special Issue and Focus Section Proposals
Interaction Design and Architecture(s) Journal (IxD&A) is a well known international think tank situated at the cross-border among Education, Computer Science, Design-Architecture and Social Innovation that implements the Gold Open Access road to its content with no charge for authors.
IxD&A distinguish itself for the attention toward fore-front and emerging topic area of the international research and, as well, for its people centered and experiential vision (see IxD&A archive)
IxD&A has scheduled special issues till winter 2017 and is now looking for new special issue and focus sections proposals offering the possibility to explore challenging and fore-front subjects during year 2018.
Only three proposals of special issues and four proposals of focus sections will be selected.
Next call for special issue and focus section proposals is expected in winter 2017.
The proposal for a special issue should contain the following sections:
1. Introduction & Background -> explain why the subject proposed is a fore-front and challenging one and describe its expected impact (max 1000 words).
2. Topics of Interest (at least 5).
3. List of guest editors, their affiliation and short bio (max 4).
4. Dissemination strategy -> indicate the channels that the proponents intend to use to distribute the CFP, in parallel to those usually offered by IxD&A journal.
5. Description of researchers and research groups potentially interested in submitting a paper with an indication of the expected number of submissions (max 100 words - list optional).
6. Target audience short description (max 100 words).
7. Indication of the preferred issue: spring, summer, autumn, winter (note that the important dates are established by the timing of the IxD&A publication process; as example, please, have a look at the calls published on the journal website)
Please note that each special issue cannot contain more than 8-9 high quality blindly peer-reviewed paper, while a focus section no more than 5-6.
In special cases, when among the submitted papers there are more than 9 (or 6 for focus sections) of very high-quality, the number of accepted papers can be adjusted accordingly.
Deadline: Open call till the filling of all available slots
Notification with feedback to the proponents: within 30 days from the date of the proposal submission
The proposal should be submitted, either in .doc, .pages or in .rtf format, by email to the scientific editor of the IxD&A journal
marking the subject as: IxD&A, proposal of special issue (or focus section) on '...'